Replace it, don’t repair it - stay safe and save more by replacing damaged pressure washer hoses
Using leaky, cracked, or frayed pressure washer hoses can cause danger and lead to serious injury. While patching or attempting to repair a busted hose might be tempting, replacing it is safer and more affordable than you might think. A small investment in safety gives you peace of mind and saves you money in the long run.
Pressure washer hoses are intricately designed to handle the extreme force created by your pressure washer. The distribution of water flows through the hose with such power that even the slightest damage can have a major impact on safety. Operators should be aware of hose abrasions, changes in the shape, holes, and even signs of attempted repair, like duct tape. Using a damaged pressure washer hose can lead to serious injury, causing harm to the operator and your bottom line.
Hose replacement is an inexpensive and easy way to increase safety. Here are some easy things to do to keep your hoses in check and some reasons to replace busted hoses, rather than trying to repair them.
- Inspect hoses regularly and always look over hoses before use – look for signs of wear, dents, kinks, abrasions, and holes. These seemingly small problems can turn into big ones fast.
- Before use, be sure that hoses are connected to your pressure washer securely and properly. Look for cracked or worn fittings.
- Watch out for your surroundings. One the most common causes of hose damage is by truck. The weight of any vehicle can destroy a hose quickl
- If a hose lacks a uniform shape, replace it. The inside of a hose is reinforced and shaped perfectly for optimal performance. If it loses its shape in any way, the hose will not hold pressure.
- Don’t try to cover holes with your hand. Pin-sized leaks under pressure can rip right through hard surfaces and skin easily.
- Tape, glue, or other repairs are no match for the pressure coming through a hose and will not hold – a bursting hose is nothing to mess with.
If you find that one of your hoses is damaged, remove it from service and replace it. It’s a cheaper alternative to higher insurance costs or a trip to the emergency room.
Hotsy Minnesota carries only the best pressure washers and replacement hoses in the industry – along with the knowledge, training, and expertise you need to keep your equipment running safely and smoothly. So, don’t leave it to chance – leave it to the experts. Trust us. We know clean.